Library Rules and Regulations
The school library is equipped with adequate number of books, magazines and dailies. The students are requested to abide by the rules and regulations of the library and also make use of the library regularly.
- All the students and members of the staff are the members of the school library.
- Absolute silence must be maintained inside the library during the time of reading, referring, taking and returning of the books.
- Reference books cannot be taken out of the library under any circumstances.
- Library books will be issued according to class-wise schedule as informed by the librarian.
- Students are not allowed to bring their text books, other story books or reference books inside the library.
- Student's personal belongings like bags, tiffin carriers must be kept outside the library.
- Students are allowed to borrow only one book at a time and can retain it for three days. The Librarian may call for the return of the borrowed book from any member even before the expiry of the stipulated time.
- If the book borrowed is not returned to the librarian on the due date, a fine of Rs.5/- per day will be levied.
- Borrowers should not pass on or give the book obtained from the school library to others. No marking, underlining or any other damage to the book is allowed.
- Students are requested to examine the book at the time of borrowing and report to the librarian, if there is any damage, missing pages, pictures etc.
- Books lost or damaged will have to be paid for or replaced. Principal's decision will be final and binding in this matter.
- Staff and pupils of all classes must return the borrowed books and the library card on or before 31st March. Only then students will be allowed to appear for the final exam. Students of classes X and XII must return the library card and return the books n or before 31st January. There will be no issue of books during summer vacation.
- Students must replace books and magazines neatly in their correct place after use.
- Books borrowed by a student must not be returned through another student.